Monday, March 7, 2011

Uh oh

It was 5:50am as I'm heading out to work.  It's still dark out.  As soon as I open the door to the garage this morning, what do you think I hear?  Crowing...damn. 

Stop making so much noise.
Previously, when I would check on them before heading to work, everyone would still be sleeping, or at the very least inactive.  This morning it was very obviously different.

I head down to the dungeon where the chickens live and sure enough, he's making normal rooster crowing sounds in about 10 second intervals.  He had all the girls (and other boys) up and looking around.   They weren't eating or drinking yet, though.  So he must have just started. 

I had left the exterior door to the garage open when I went down to the dungeon.  The dogs could then hear the crowing, too, and started barking.  Gah.  This is happening much sooner than expected.  Still, I couldn't hear the crowing in the house, so that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment