Thursday, December 30, 2010

They Grow Up So Fast

 Crooked Neck is doing quite well.  I probably shouldn't spell that with 
Crooked Neck looking crooked - day 4.
capital letters - it makes it seem like it is its name.  Not a good thing if it turns into a boy.  Anywho, Crooked Neck's neck isn't that rooked any more.  I didn't do anything for him except massage his neck a couple times a day when it was crooked.  I've seen it eating and drinking on its own.  It is still kind of wobbly when walking around, but I don't think I'll have to cull it after all since I'm not raising the chickens for breed perfection.


 
All the others seems to also be doing well.  
Mystery, Austrolorp (not Aussie), and Jersey Giant
(not Crooked Neck). 
Mystery looks (comparatively) huge.
Aussie the Australorp (again, nicknames are just as bad as real names) - it is the one that was shrink wrapped - is also doing much better.  He's all fluffed out now - mostly-  he has a bald patch on his back, so hopefully that'll feather in soon.  I think I can now tell the difference between the Jersey Giants and the Astralorp chicks. The Jersey Giants (which Crooked Neck is one of) are all a little bigger - which makes sense.  The color pattern is slightly different, too.

Aussie (on left) and Mystery chick. 
Day 5

Rhode Island Red chick - day 4.



Crooked Neck eating (3rd one)


No comments:

Post a Comment